1. Corporate lawyer or counsel has to first take bachelor degree from any law university or post graduate degree in law
2. He has to than work under any practicing company lawyer to understand the basics of law relating to company formation and work related to Registrar of Companies
3. He may than join some big or reputed corporate law firm who deals exclusively into company law, Cheque Bounce Cases, NCLT, ROC, SEBI Tribunal, Arbitration and Conciliation, Mediation, High Court Matters, Merger and Acquisition and Winding Up of Company and other relevant matters.
4. The lawyer at this stage may decide whether to start practicing as corporate counsel or he may join any legal department of any corporate house.
5. Corporate lawyer job involves recovery litigation under Arbitration and SARFAESI laws and to manage against litigation.
6. To actively engage in identifying and filing suitable legal actions against the default customers.
7. supporting collection team in recovery
8. To be instrumental in litigations like, Sec 138, Arbitration, SARFAESI, sec 9/17 & other litigation proceedings
9. Must Have experience in arbitration & Litigation
10. Filing Criminal Complaints in qualified cases and take them to logical conclusion.
11. Review different commercial and procurement contracts and other related legal documents and ensure compliance of Company’s internal risk parameters and achievement of business objectives.
12. Raise red flags/ make recommendations to other members of the Legal Department.
13. Collaborate with senior Regional Attorneys and Contract Managers situated globally.
14. Play an active role in management of the contract life cycle from identification of a need, through negotiation, agreement, monitoring, and close-out.
15. Advise on foreign and domestic commercial transations involving manufacturing (from vendor’s perspective), materials, intellectual property, inventory, services and financing issues.
16. Drafting of service contracts, Non disclosure agreement, Confidentiality agreements, Negotiating and Vetting Contracts with Client Attorneys and Vendor Attorneys
17. Drafting of notices, replies, co-ordinate with Lawyers and other consultants for legal compliance.
18. Frame and implement legal practices which safeguard company & employees from internal and external legal threats
19. Advise, coordinate and manage the activities relating to litigation which will include co-ordination with external lawyers and consultants across the state of Kerala, collating documents, preparing briefs, attending court proceedings and related matters, etc.
20. Review, draft and modify contracts, legal documents and business agreements like lease and license agreements, service agreements, dealership/ distributor agreements etc.
21. Co-ordinating with inter department to get necessary license and legalization for the company business operation
22. Visa and employment related legal documentation for the foreigners associated with the company. legal support for risk , recovery and admin operation management
23. Structuring, drafting and negotiating, wide variety of contracts related to transaction banking products such as Trade Finance, Cash Management Services, net banking, etc.
24. Advising Transaction Banking Group on legal issues and risks based on RBI guidelines, Bank’s policy and relevant laws.
25. Assist Transaction Banking Group in creating and improving agreements and templates for existing products and for new products
26. Structuring, drafting and negotiating, wide variety of contracts related to transaction banking products such as Trade: Letters of Credit/Guarantees, Structured Trade Finance, Structured Export Finance, Import Finance Solutions,Cash Management System: Receivable Management, Payable Management, Liquidity Management, Capital Market Products, Remittances,Global Remittances: Inward Remittances, Indus Fast Remit and Indus Speed Remit, Payment Services abroad.
27. Advising Transaction Banking Group on legal issues and risks based on RBI guidelines, Bank’s policy and relevant laws
28. Assist Transaction Banking Group in creating and improving agreements and templates for existing products and for new products.
29. Drafting of various agreements and deeds such as loan agreements, mortgages, hypothecation, pledge, guarantees, credit facility agreement, indemnity, affidavit etc.
30. Drafting of facility/credit documents for structure deals.
31. Advising the branches on the security documents to be obtained based on sanction letter
32. Providing clearance to the documents executed by the borrowers.
33. Vetting of documents and investigation of title to the property.
34. Providing opinions on credit related references.
35. Approval of bank guarantees/standby letters of credit/counter guarantees
36. Updated knowledge of case laws.
37. Good knowledge of laws applicable to banking such as Negotiable Instruments Act, Transfer of Property Act, Contract Act, Companies Act, Banking Regulation Act etc.